My Doughboy's Addiction - Part II

I was previously sad because one of my favorite places in L.A. closed, but now it's open again!!!! =).

Here is another one of my posts about the place:

Just in case it isn't clear by now - I absolutely love Doughboy's. It is one of my favorite places here in Los Angeles, and I would go there pretty often if it weren't so far away, *sigh* Anyway, here is my second meal at Doughboy's: Jen ordered the "Pan bagnat". They describe it as "a provencal classic and a doughboys favorite...this is a scooped out sourdough 'boule' filled with a salad nicoise (tuna, artichoke, green beans, tomato, red onion, olives, capers, peppers, hard boiled egg, and pesto)." It was a very lightly flavored sandwich, and the bread had a nice, chewy texture.
This dish is the bomb. Really damn good. It is named "The Monster", and here is Doughboy's description: "It's big, it's gooey, it's messy, it's great. A big round of grilled foccacia (looks like a fat tortilla), topped with melted emanthal cheese, grilled onions, mushrooms, and roast beef, served hot, and open faced (it looks like a pizza and you eat it like a big taco) it comes with some shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and horseradish sauce."
For me, the dish actually wasn't that messy - once you folded up the foccacia, it was pretty self contained - not as messy as other things I've eaten. The taste was perfect - I loved all the ingredients in it, the foccacia was a good counterpart in texture, and the horseradish sauce was spicy without being overwhelmingly so. I drool just thinking about it.
And of course, no Doughboy's experience would be complete without their famous, damn good red velvet cake.
Yum, so moist and tasty!

Doughboys Bakery & Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment